|Wine Industry Metrics||Please select:||METRICS EMAIL SIGN UP|
January 2017 Data Released on 02.15.2017Off-Premise Wine Sales Rise 2% in JanuaryOff-premise sales rose 2% in January 2017 versus January 2016, reported Chicago market research firm IRI. Sales for the month totaled $690 million. Twelve-month sales through IRI's multiple outlet and convenience store channel topped $8.3 billion, up 4%. Barefoot topped table wine sales for the period followed by Sutter Home, Franzia and Woodbridge. Apothic and Black Box Wines gained while Livingston Cellars, Carlo Rossi and Beringer lost ground.
IRI Channels »
Month 12 Months January 2017 $690 mil 2% $8,678 mil 4% January 2016 $673 mil $8,311 mil
Off-premise sales rose 2% in January 2017 versus January 2016, approaching $690 million.
Off-premise volume through IRi channels exceeded 8.7 million cases in January 2017, up 1% from January 2016.
Barefoot remained the most popular table wine brand in IRI channels, while sales growth of approximately 30% fueled the rise of Apothic and Black Box Wines. Bota Box joined the list in 17th place with growth of 31%.
About IRI Channels
Sourced from IRI, these figures cover sales in multiple-outlet and convenience store channels. These include grocery, drug, mass marketers, membership clubs, dollar and convenience stores. Liquor store sales are not included.
Related Articles:02.21.2017Gen X and Distinctive Style Aid Oregon WinesHigh-end wine consumers aware of state's reputation, but the work isn't over02.16.2017Costco Wine Buyer Talks Shelf StrategyRetail giant favors dependable brands but also buys local for 'treasure hunting' consumers02.13.2017Wine Market Trends at Lodi Grape DayConstellation executive shares findings; LWC announces grower education and research02.06.2017Premium Boxed Wines Are Smoking Hot3-liter category growing at 28%, while 5-liter value wines drop 2%01.04.2017B.C. Wine Store Auction Wraps UpDecisions by provincial liquor branch could take months